Click on image to enlarge
Shipping weight for this item is 14 ounces
- Attaches to any power drill; Recommended operating speed not to exceed 2500 rpm.
- Light weight; Right angle drill weighs 1/3 of a pound and rotates 360 degrees for tight-spot access.
- Threaded components allow for fast, easy tool changes; Drill over, under or around obstructions.
- Design allows "deep reach" in confined areas; Provides utility of extension drill bit set.
- Limited warranty, 30 day no-risk trial.
Space, every inch of it, is at a premium in aircraft design as shape and weight is critical to function. Also, airplanes are riveted together which requires thousands of holes to be drilled in difficult locations without scratching or marring the work surface. So, engineers needed to design a versatile "chuck-less" drill attachment that could reach into very confined areas.
The answer was found in putting threads on the shanks of drill bits. The benefits are significant. Threaded shank drill bits eliminate the need for a chucking mechanism. Freed of this restriction, it is possible to do a wide variety of jobs in places with extreme space limitations (less than 1" x 2"). Chuck slippage is all but eliminated while the precision mating angle between threaded drill and drive spindle insures concentricity. Drill bit change times are reduced, an exact working drill bit length is insured and the chance of marring or scratching the work surface is greatly reduced.
The Model 00101 Kit includes: a versatile close-quarter Right Angle Drill Attachment capable of drilling up to 1/4" diameter holes and compatible with all standard power drills, a 6" Threaded Extension for those deep hard-to-reach spots, a Chucking Spud which allows direct use of TightFit® threaded shank drill bits and extensions with your standard power drill, six aircraft quality TightFit® threaded shank drill bits (Combo Drill Bit Set, 00131), a stamped tight fit Three-Way Wrench (1/4" for screwdriver bits, 5/16" for drill bits and extensions & 7/16" for collets), and a compartmented pouch provides compact toolbox or wall-hanging storage.
The Tight Fit® Drill Kit can be purchased on a "Risk Free" trial basis. You will be able to make repairs and installations in near-impossible locations. Often, with its first use, the kit pays for itself in time and frustration saved. For example, the ability to drill-out a broken bolt in a tight spot can save hours. And, with care and maintenance, the kit should provide many years of trouble-free use. Suitability: Great for home, work, car, boat, RV and other repairs, installations and restorations. Note: drill bits comply with National Aerospace Standard 907B.
To reduce the chance of gear failure and to extend tool life, please follow these suggestions.
1. Reduce RPM speed and drilling pressure at drill "break through".
2. Drill small holes first and then enlarge the holes progressively.
3. Peck drill deep holes to clear chips from the flutes.
4. Coolant use will extend tool life.
5. Re-point drill bits when they become dull.
CAUTION: Always wear safety glasses when using these tools. Do not use TightFit® Drills and attachments counter clockwise (in reverse). Do not exceed 2500 RPM. Keep tools out of the reach of children.